On today’s episode I chat with Kerry McDuling she is the public relations and media liaison behind McDuling PR. With over ten years experience in the public relations and journalism sector, Kerry McDuling is an expert at finding the smartest PR approach. For more information head to http://www.mcdulingpr.com.au/index.htm
You will learn:
- How has PR evolved since the Digital Media phenomenon has taken over and are traditional PR practices still relevant,
- “There’s a lot of information out there. So, to grab people’s attention, what you are doing needs to appear interesting and relevant.” How to grab the attention of your audience,
- What are journalists and editors looking for and how to package this information in a manner that will capture their attention,
- What are some of the growing trends in the public relations industry,
- What makes a service, brand or business newsworthy and noteworthy.
“It was a pleasure to be invited to take part in Desmore’s podcast show. I enjoyed talking with her about the public relations industry, my own professional journey and sharing tips with the audience about carrying out their own publicity too. She knows all the right questions to ask, and is a particularly engaging, patient and generous host. I would definitely work with her again, and have also shared Desmore’s details with a client of mine who would like to begin her own podcasts. Desmore is very knowledgeable about broadcasting and the various formats, so my client will be well looked after as she begins her own podcasting journey.” Kerry McDuling
About Kerry McDuling
Kerry McDuling is the public relations and media liaison force behind McDuling PR – building brands and developing profitable business opportunities throughout Australia. With over ten years experience in the public relations sector and journalism, Kerry McDuling is adept at finding the smartest PR approach.
Her secret is a combination of finely tuned strategies and great networks. This means you don’t need to pay huge agency fees to get the results you want. There’s a lot of information out there. So, to grab people’s attention, what you are doing needs to appear interesting and relevant. Kerry McDuling finds the right ‘newsworthy’ story so you will stand out from the herd.
With prior experience as a freelance journalist for a number of national and international publications, Kerry McDuling understands what journalists and editors are looking for – and how to give it to them. The same goes for those key individuals and groups you want to reach.